- General Assembly
- Board of Directors
- NAS Committee for Compilation of Publications
- The Humanities & Social Science Division
- Subdivision I : Philosophy, Ethics, Logic, Aesthetics, Religion, Pedagogy and Psycholgy
- Subdivision II : Language and Literature
- Subdivision III : History, Geography, Archaeology, Cultural Anthropology and Folklore
- Subdivision IV : Law
- Subdivision V : Political Science, Public Administration and Sociology
- Subdivision VI : Economics and Business Administration
- The Natural Science Division
- Subdivision I : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy and Meteorology
- Subdivision II : Biology, Geology, Physical Education, Nutrition and Home Economics
- Subdivision III : Architecture, Metallurgical and Folklore
- Subdivision IV : Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy
- Subdivision V : Agriculture, Forestry, Animal Science and Fisheries
- NAS Secretariat
- General Affairs Division
- Science Promotion Division
1. General Assembly
As the highest decision-making forum with the participation of all members of The NAS, the General Assembly is responsible for approving admission of its members, regular and honorary, ratification of the NAS Award recipients, election of the President and Vice-President of The NAS, enactment and amendment of The NAS's operational and other rules. An annual meeting is held in July and ad hoc meetings to handle special matters are held whenever necessary.
2. Division Meetings
The NAS consists of two divisions: one is the Humanities & Social Sciences Division and the other Sciences Division. Division meetings are held to deliberate and decide on the election of their regular and honorary members, and the selection of the NAS Award recipients for each division.
3. Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is composed of the 4 executive directors - the President, the Vice-President, the Directors of the two divisions - and 11 Subdivision Chairs. The Board reviews and votes on matters delegated by or to be proposed to the General Assembly and also such matters as deemed necessary by the President. The President and Vice-President are elected by the General Assembly and their term of office is two years, and renewable once. Directors of the Humanities & Social Science Division and the Natural Division are elected in the respective Division Meetings and their renewable term of office is one year. Subdivision Chairmen are elected by the members of each subdivision and their renewable term of office is one year.
4. Subdivision Meetings
All members of The NAS belong to a subdivision depending on their field of study. There are 6 subdivisions in the Humanities & Social Sciences Division and 5 subdivisions in the Natural Sciences Division. Each subdivision holds 6 meetings a year, in which research works of members are presented and discussed, membership and honorary membership candidates are screened, and a preliminary review of the NAS Award is conducted.
5. The Screening Committee of the NAS Award
The recipients of The NAS Award are selected through a rigorous 3-step screening process: the preliminary screening by each Subdivision, the divisional review by the Screening Committee of the two divisions, and the final decision by the Comprehensive Deliberation Committee. Each Screening Committee is composed of 15 or less members and the Comprehensive Deliberation Committee of the President, Vice-President, two Division Directors and 11 Subdivision Chairmen.
6. The Publication Compilation Committee
The Committee is comprised of the President, Vice-President, two Division Directors, and 11 members, one from each subdivision. It is in charge of matters pertaining to the basic planning of The NAS publications, including the request and review of manuscripts, and other activities related to the compilation of all the publications issued by The NAS.
7. Office of the NAS, Republic of Korea
The Ministry of Education operates the office to support the administrative affairs of The NAS.